ArcGIS Pro is the new and exciting desktop application that was released as part of ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop.
This course, which is suitable for English-speaking students from anywhere in the world, was recorded using ArcGIS Pro 1.0.0. ArcGIS Pro (as part of ArcGIS for Desktop) licensing is not included, but can be obtained for non-commercial purposes from Esri and its International Distributors under the ArcGIS for Home Use Program.
In this 53 minute ten video course you will:
• Use the Start page to View Help, access the Project page, and create New or Open existing projects
• Examine the Project page to learn where to manage Portal connections, see License information and (de-)authorize ArcGIS Pro for offline use, configure Options and find out About ArcGIS Pro
• Use the Quick Access Toolbar options
• Create a Map project
• Use the Ribbon to get a detailed introduction to its PROJECT, MAP and VIEW tabs
• Use the Explore and other buttons in the Navigate group to navigate effectively
• Change Basemaps
• Create and use spatial Bookmarks
• Add vector (Natural Earth) data into your map
• Change symbology of a layer
• Learn how to re-arrange the ArcGIS Pro GUI by hiding, docking and stacking panes
• Find locations using the World Geocode Service
• Use the graphic selection tools to choose features and examine their Attributes
• Use the Select Layer by Attributes/Location tools within the Geoprocessing pane to perform attribute/spatial selections
• Measure distances and areas using Snapping
• Label features
• Create a Blank Project
• Create 3D projects from Global and Local Scene project templates
• Plus much more
Graeme provides training, consulting and support in:
He has been using Esri software for over 25 years (18 of those with Esri International Distributors in the United Kingdom and Australia), and Google Earth for more than 5 years, and works with the latest versions of the ArcGIS platform and Google Earth.