ArcGIS Pro is the new and exciting desktop application that was released as part of ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop.
This course, which is suitable for English-speaking students from anywhere in the world, was recorded using ArcGIS Pro 1.0.0. ArcGIS Pro (as part of ArcGIS for Desktop) licensing is not included, but can be obtained for non-commercial purposes from Esri and its International Distributors under the
ArcGIS for Home Use Program
To do the course you will need a shapefile with a valid coordinate system to add into your map. In the video, the Local Government Areas for the Australian state of Queensland are used.
In this 12 minute, single video course you will:
• Examine the Start page to learn how to View Help and access the Project page via the About ArcGIS Pro button.
• Examine the Project page to learn where to manage Portal connections, see License information and (de-)authorize ArcGIS Pro for offline use.
• See the Quick Access Toolbar options
• Get an overview of the Ribbon and its PROJECT, MAP, INSERT, LAYOUT, ANALYSIS, VIEW, EDIT and SHARE tabs
• Create a map project
• Insert a scene into your project
• Link Views of your 2D map and 3D scene
• Drag and drop your own data from the Project pane into your map and Contents pane
• Change symbology of a layer
• Insert two layouts into your project and use Map Frames to insert maps and scenes into them
• See where to edit; build models; run tools and Python code; share projects, maps and layers as packages, files and services; and print maps
• Plus much more.