The ArcPy/Python Tips & Tricks for ArcGIS Pro Bundle provides a value-packed collection of tips, tricks and techniques for using the ArcPy site-package and Python elsewhere in ArcGIS Pro. This bundle includes the following ArcPy/Python courses:
On Demand PDF Maps made easy using ArcPy with ArcGIS Pro (valued at $19)
- Create a New Project with two Maps;
- Author a layout with Main and Overview Map Frames suitable for an On Demand PDF Map application;
- Use the Python Pane to understand the Zoom To Feature coding pattern;
- Write a Python script to use arcpy.mp to zoom to feature(s) meeting an SQL expression and export a PDF map;
- Configure a Python script tool to produce On Demand PDF Maps;
- Enhance your On Demand PDF Maps tool to populate pick lists using tool validation and cursors;
- Enhance your On Demand PDF Maps tool with a pseudo dynamic map title; and
- much more!
Writing Parsable Python for ArcGIS Pro Field Calculations (valued at $14)
- Add test fields ready to work with integer and floating point numbers, text, and dates.
- Calculate fields of various types to numeric values.
- Perform calculations between fields of different data types.
- Write Code Blocks to define Python functions.
- Implement if/else/elif logic within Python functions.
- Work with Null values in fields.
- Change case and perform replacements within text strings.
- Calculate fields to hold shape geometry properties like vertex counts.
- Work with dates in Python.
- Plus much more.
Using Pseudo-dynamic Text in ArcPy for ArcGIS Pro (valued at $3)
- Refresh your understanding of Dynamic Text to understand the use case for Pseudo-dynamic Text;
- Author a layout with a text element that supports text wrapping and mixes Dynamic and Pseudo-dynamic strings;
- Use the Python pane of ArcGIS Pro to learn the coding pattern that underpins Pseudo-dynamic Text;
- Write a short Python script using arcpy.mp in IDLE (or your own IDE) to implement Pseudo-dynamic Text;
- Configure a Python script tool to take a string entered on its dialog, place it within the layout, and export the map to PDF; and
- much more!
All necessary data is is generated or supplied during the exercises, and code samples related to the exercises are available as attachments to download.
With one hours worth of high quality GIS video tutorials, this is the perfect resource to boost your ArcPy & ArcGIS Pro knowledge.
Graeme provides training, consulting and support in:
- ArcGIS for Desktop;
- ArcGIS Pro;
- ArcPy/Python and ModelBuilder/Geoprocessing generally;
- ArcGIS Online and Story Maps;
- Family HiStory Mapping; and
- Google Earth .
He has been using Esri software for over 25 years (18 of those with Esri International Distributors in the United Kingdom and Australia), and Google Earth for more than 5 years, and works with the latest versions of the ArcGIS platform and Google Earth.
Courses Included with Purchase
Using Pseudo-dynamic Text in ArcPy for ArcGIS Pro
Gain practical experience with ArcPy in ArcGIS Pro
On Demand PDF Maps made easy using ArcPy with ArcGIS Pro
Map Automation using arcpy.mp sub-module, Python scripting and tool validation
Writing Parsable Python for ArcGIS Pro Field Calculations
Gain practical experience with Python in the Calculate Field tool of ArcGIS Pro
Original Price: $0
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
This course is not open for enrolment.