The ArcMap Tips & Tricks Bundle provides a value-packed collection of tips, tricks and techniques for using the ArcMap application of ArcGIS for Desktop. This bundle includes the following ArcMap courses:
Map Books made easy using Data Driven Pages (valued at $19)
- Enable Data Driven Pages and configure them using an Index Layer.
- Export Map Pages to multi-page PDF files.
- Insert Dynamic Overview Maps, Index Maps, Titles, Legends, Page Numbers, Coordinate Systems and North Arrows which update appropriately for each page of your Map Book.
- Use Page Definition Queries to include/exclude data from other layers, that relates to the feature that defines the current page.
- Create Cover and Report Pages that can be appended with Map Pages into a Final multi-page PDF file using just five lines of ArcPy code.
- Use the Grid Index Features tool to create a rectangular grid Index Layer.
- Use the Strip Map Index Features tool to create an Index Layer that follows a linear feature like a pipeline, road, river or railroad.
- Use the Create UTM Zone tool to enable each page to be projected into the appropriate UTM Zone for the location of its data.
- Plus much more.
Writing Parsable Python for ArcGIS Field Calculator (valued at $14)
- Add test fields ready to work with integer and floating point numbers, text, and dates.
- Calculate fields of various types to numeric values.
- Perform calculations between fields of different data types.
- Write Pre-Logic Script Code to define Python functions.
- Implement if/else/elif logic within Python functions.
- Work with Null values in fields.
- Change case and perform replacements within text strings.
- Calculate fields to hold shape geometry properties like vertex counts.
- Work with dates.
- Plus much more.
Working with Feature Layers in ArcMap (valued at $4)
- Preview spatial data using the Catalog window.
- Add spatial data to data frames to create Layers using two methods.
- Understand that Layers have a spatial data Source
- Configure many Layer Properties from the General, Display, Symbology, Fields, Definition Query and Labels tabs.
- Create Layer Groups using two methods.
- Share layers as Layer Files.
- Share layers and their source data as Layer Packages
- Plus much more.
All necessary data is generated or supplied during the exercises.
With over 2 hours 30 mins worth of high quality GIS video tutorials, this is the perfect resource to boost your ArcMap knowledge.
Graeme provides training, consulting and support in:
- ArcGIS for Desktop;
- ArcGIS Pro;
- ArcPy/Python and ModelBuilder/Geoprocessing generally;
- ArcGIS Online and Story Maps;
- Family HiStory Mapping; and
- Google Earth .
He has been using Esri software for over 25 years (18 of those with Esri International Distributors in the United Kingdom and Australia), and Google Earth for more than 5 years, and works with the latest versions of the ArcGIS platform and Google Earth.
Courses Included with Purchase
Working with Feature Layers in ArcMap
Learning about Layers, Layer Properties, Layer Groups, Layer Files and Layer Packaging
Writing Parsable Python for ArcGIS Field Calculator
Gain practical experience with Python in ArcGIS for Desktop
Map Books made easy using Data Driven Pages in ArcMap
Gain practical experience in ArcGIS for Desktop
Original Price: $0
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
This course is not open for enrolment.