The ArcGIS Pro Tips & Tricks Bundle provides a value-packed collection of tips, tricks and techniques for using ArcGIS Pro. This bundle includes the following ArcGIS Pro courses:
Writing Parsable Python for ArcGIS Pro Field Calculations (valued at $14)
- Add test fields ready to work with integer and floating point numbers, text, and dates.
- Calculate fields of various types to numeric values.
- Perform calculations between fields of different data types.
- Write Code Blocks to define Python functions.
- Implement if/else/elif logic within Python functions.
- Work with Null values in fields.
- Change case and perform replacements within text strings.
- Calculate fields to hold shape geometry properties like vertex counts.
- Work with dates in Python.
- Plus much more.
Making Map Series made easy using ArcGIS Pro (valued at $10; needs ArcGIS Pro 1.2 or later)
- Enable Map Series pages and configure them using an Index Layer.
- Export Map Pages to multi-page PDF files.
- Insert Dynamic Overview Maps, Index Maps, Titles, and Page Numbers, which update appropriately for each page of your Map Book.
- Use Page Definition Queries to include/exclude data from other layers, that relates to the feature that defines the current page.
- Use the Grid Index Features tool to create a rectangular grid Index Layer.
- Plus much more.
Working with Projects and Maps in ArcGIS Pro (valued at $7)
- Use the Start page to View Help, access the Project page, and create New or Open existing projects;
- Examine the Project page to learn where to manage Portal connections, see License information and (de-)authorize ArcGIS Pro for offline use, configure Options and find out About ArcGIS Pro;
- Use the Quick Access Toolbar options;
- Create a Map project;
- Use the Ribbon to get a detailed introduction to its PROJECT, MAP and VIEW tabs;
- Use the Explore and other buttons in the Navigate group to navigate effectively;
- Change Basemaps;
- Create and use spatial Bookmarks;
- Add vector (Natural Earth) data into your map;
- Change symbology of a layer;
- Learn how to re-arrange the ArcGIS Pro GUI by hiding, docking and stacking panes;
- Find locations using the World Geocode Service;
- Use the graphic selection tools to choose features and examine their Attributes;
- Use the Select Layer by Attributes/Location tools within the Geoprocessing pane to perform attribute/spatial selections;
- Measure distances and areas using Snapping;
- Label features;
- Create a Blank Project
- Create 3D projects from Global and Local Scene project templates; and
- much more!
Working with Feature Layers in ArcGIS Pro (valued at $4)
- Add spatial data to Maps to create Layers using two methods.
- Understand that Layers have a spatial data Source
- Configure many Layer Properties from the Contents pane, Symbology pane, layer context menu, Layer Properties dialog and the Feature Layer tabs of the Ribbon.
- Create Layer Groups using two methods.
- Share layers as Layer Files.
- Share layers and their source data as Layer Packages to ArcGIS Online and as files on disk
- Extract layer packages using three methods
- Plus much more.
Flying Start to ArcGIS Pro (FREE)
- Examine the Start page to learn how to View Help and access the Project page via the About ArcGIS Pro button.
- Examine the Project page to learn where to manage Portal connections, see License information and (de-)authorize ArcGIS Pro for offline use
- See the Quick Access Toolbar options
- Get an overview of the Ribbon and its PROJECT, MAP, INSERT, LAYOUT, ANALYSIS, VIEW, EDIT and SHARE tabs
- Create a map project
- Insert a scene into your project
- Link Views of your 2D map and 3D scene
- Drag and drop your own data from the Project pane into your map and Contents pane
- Change symbology of a layer
- Insert two layouts into your project and use Map Frames to insert maps and scenes into them
- See where to edit; build models; run tools and Python code; share projects, maps and layers as packages, files and services; and print maps
- Plus much more.
All necessary data is generated or supplied during the exercises.
With over 3 hours worth of high quality GIS video tutorials, this is the perfect resource to boost your ArcGIS Pro knowledge.
Graeme provides training, consulting and support in:
- ArcGIS for Desktop;
- ArcGIS Pro;
- ArcPy/Python and ModelBuilder/Geoprocessing generally;
- ArcGIS Online and Story Maps;
- Family HiStory Mapping; and
- Google Earth .
He has been using Esri software for over 25 years (18 of those with Esri International Distributors in the United Kingdom and Australia), and Google Earth for more than 5 years, and works with the latest versions of the ArcGIS platform and Google Earth.
Courses Included with Purchase
Writing Parsable Python for ArcGIS Pro Field Calculations
Gain practical experience with Python in the Calculate Field tool of ArcGIS Pro
Map Series made easy using ArcGIS Pro
Gain practical experience in ArcGIS Pro
Working with Feature Layers in ArcGIS Pro
Learn about Layers, Layer Properties, Layer Groups, Layer Files and Layer Packaging (to ArcGIS Online and file)
Working with Projects and Maps in ArcGIS Pro
Gain practical experience with ArcGIS for Desktop's newest application
Flying start to ArcGIS Pro
Gain practical experience with ArcGIS for Desktop's newest application.
Original Price: $0
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
This course is not open for enrolment.